10 reasons why the Force is with us thanks to Carrie Fisher
On December 27, 2016, just days after a heart attack, Carrie Fisher joined the stars. While sadness is widespread (oh how we empathize), there are so many incredible things we can be grateful for. The Nerd Misfits have rounded up 10 reasons why the Force is still with us thanks to Carrie Fisher.
10) Carrie, deemed as not only a Star Wars Princess but a Princess of Hollywood, kept Old Hollywood alive with her talents.
9) She wasn’t afraid to clapback at the bull$#!t. Remember how awesome that was?
8) Seeing Carrie with her mother Debbie always put a smile on our faces...
7) ...just as we smile when we see photos of her with her daughter Billie Lourd.
6) And while things weren't always the happiest, Carrie's openness and honesty about her own mental health is something to be celebrated.
5) Throughout her battles, she kept the humor alive...
4) ...she stood up for the absurdity of censoring trafficking as an issue represented in the Star Wars movies (when rumor came about that Disney would remove the costume from future merchandise)...
“There was this thing on Fox News about this father not being able to explain to his daughter what the outfit was. What, that my character was forced to put on that outfit against my will, and I took it off as soon as I could kill the guy who picked out the outfit?" (DailyBeast)
3) ...and set an example for those learning to love themselves and be who they want to be.
Thanks, @carrieffisher for teaching me that girls like us can be princesses, generals, or whatever we want to be. #RIPCarrie pic.twitter.com/VHuKIW5ymV— Lilly (@saccharinesylph) December 27, 2016
2) All in all...we can agree that Carrie Fisher's contributions to normalizing mental illness and mental health treatments make her a Princess and General we can be proud of....
1) Just remember to be proud of yourself along the way, because WE are revealing ourselves to be one with the Force as a community RIGHT NOW. For that, we remain grateful for Carrie Fisher.