The nerd manicure isn’t your everyday manicure. It’s a statement. It’s a declaration. It says, “I traverse universes! I run with droids! I accept all mudbloods! It means that we continually draw inspiration from our favorite fandoms, comics, games, movies, shows, and all things that glitter and inject these passions directly into our nail art. Discover the various treasures and Easter eggs hidden in our nail wraps! Some are more obvious than others and some are only detectable by the most vigilant of nerds. Either way, our Glitter Jedi says, “These are the nail wraps you’re looking for.”
Because our fans are simply the best! If we had the talent, we would write an 80s rock ballad about them. Failing that, this pretty much sums up all the feels:
Quite possibly, it’s the manliest thing one can do, apart from slaying a mighty Rancor. By simply donning some Espionage Cosmetics nail wraps, you join an elite club - gaining membership amongst the likes of Wil Wheaton, Taliesin Jaffe (Percy from Critical Role), Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and the amazing Rob Paulsen (the voice of Yakko, Pinky, Raphael, and many more!). Up your gallantry further by sharing and hasghtagging photos of your audaciously embellished man hands with #MENicureEC!
Since Gondolin fell, we have unfortunately been unable to secure the knowledge required to infuse our nail wraps with orc/goblin radar. This feature remains in development. In the meantime, enjoy the +25% movement speed our nail wraps grant the wearer: you’re sure to be zipping around in excitement, admiring that new nerd manicure. --
The first time you deploy your nerd manicure, especially if you are new to nail wrap application, you might expect to spend 20 minutes or so, though once you are well-versed in the exercise of our easy-to-use nail art, you will realistically knock that down to about 10 minutes. Word is that one of the minions here at Espionage has so much of a speed buff that she completes her manicure in as little as 4:36!
We purposefully engineered our wraps to apply with a minimum amount of tools - if you have ten minutes and a nail file, you can have yourself a brand new manicure. After all, sometimes you want to save up that extra gold so you can refill your energy bar or secure a powerful buff.
While it might seem spectacularly simple, it really is almost as easy as peel and stick (and file). Of course, for the full explanation, we have a Nerd Misfit Nail Wrap Tutorial, or you can watch the lovely Marisha Ray show you how to use our nail wraps in this Tutorial by Loot Crate. If you don’t feel like following a video, our nail wraps come equipped with this super, high-tech comic strip, also shown below:
While certainly not required, as with a regular nail polish-manicure, a top-coat will help extend the life of your nerd manicure up to two weeks. Think of it as an extra shield on your new nail armor.
In our trial and error, we’ve found that most fast-drying top coats react poorly with the wraps and could actually damage your manicure before you’ve had the chance to really enjoy your nail art. Below, we’ve compiled a list of ones we’ve found to either work well with the wraps, or those that actually hinder their longevity. If you would like to see a particular top coat added to this list, please send us an email at Support@EspionageCosmetics.com with your personal experiences. We’d like to keep this list as updated as possible!
Nerd Misfit Approved – Yaaaaaas!
- Beauty Secrets Top Coat
- Essie Gel Setter Top Coat
- FingerPaints Endless Wear Top Coat
- Formula X Shine Nail Top Coat
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Wild Shine Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Wild Matte Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Glitter Top Coat
Bad Mojo – Nope. Nope. Nope.
- China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
- INM Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
- Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat
- Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat
- Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Base & Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Essie No Chips Ahead
Removal is as simple as application - you simply peel them off, same as you used to do with your Lisa Frank stickers. For any remaining residue, your favorite oil - coconut, vitamin E, vegetable, etc. - will do the trick to whisk away the adhesive. Be gone!
Glitter, glow, or foil - the finish on each wrap changes some of the components on the design in question. The product description lists the product components on the website, or you can find it detailed on the actual product packaging.
All our nail wraps are latex free. Thank the gods that glitter isn’t made from latex!
Yes, they are! Here are five points on what 5-free actually means:
- They are made WITHOUT three common chemicals found in nail polishes: Toluene, Dibutyl, Phthalate (DBP), and Formaldehyde.
- They are also made WITHOUT two other chemicals that can be harmful: Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor.
- We ran out of points. SCIENCE FTW!
Most Nerd Manicure packages contain 14 nail wraps with 7 varying sizes (10mm to 17.5mm in size), however, we just released the first wave of NEW 22 wrap template designs. This means more sizes! With 22 nail wraps in one package, you get 11 varying sizes (starting at 7 mm).
The Nerd Misfits are continually sciencing and brainstorming ways to improve your nerd makeup and manicure experiences! Keep an eye out for further developments in this area. Anything is possible within the grand halls of the Clubhouse of Fandom & Glitter!
There are generally two reasons why your nail wraps might be trying to flee the scene: the protective layer or some residue on your nails. Each set of wraps comes with a clear, protective layer, which is sometimes hard to detect. Even the best of us have forgotten to remove it, so that is our first recommendation. If that doesn’t cure what ails your nails, swipe your nail beds clean with either some nail polish remover or some rubbing alcohol to remove any residue from lotion, product, or (yum) bacon.
If your wraps are still not adhering well, please do not hesitate to contact the Nerd Misfits at Support@EspionageCosmetics.com!
Easter eggs are hidden references to the fandoms that we adore and are specially integrated into our products and our packaging. Only the most discerning nerds will appreciate these intriguing finds. See if you can discover them all!
*Please do not eat the Easter eggs.
- Use just one nail wrap as an accent nail for that undercover o’ awesome look.
- Change your topcoat type from gloss vs. matte and spice up that cuticle life!
- Cut them in half to get a nerd manicure AND pedicure! It’s been done!
- Heat, sunlight, and time can shorten the life of your nail wraps. Add +75 vitality by storing them in our handy dandy Nerd Manicure Humidor!
- Simply peel them off to remove! A quick swab of coconut, vitamin E, or vegetable oil will dissolve any lingering adhesive.
- Don't be afraid to try them. They're really quite a cinch once you give them a go! Trust in the Nerd Misfits. Be one with the Nerd Misfits.
- Be excellent to each other!
- Mix and match for that “mash-up manicure”. Example: A set of “Smashing” nail wraps mixed up with a set of “Missing Piece” nail wraps. Like in this Tutorial Video!
A nail wrap humidor is a protective, airtight sleeve that will keep your nail wraps cozy and extend the duration of their lives. Much like vampires, our nail wraps shy away from direct sunlight and like to be stored in a cool, dry place for the best results. Say nevermore to dry, brittle nail wraps! Simply toss any remaining nail wraps from an opened package into the humidor and keep them nice and fresh for your next manicure venture! Find it here!